Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exporting footage

This probably is very simple to figure out...but I figure out I can find out easily by asking.

I want to burn my Final Cut project to DVD....BUT without having a whole menu and what not....I just want to be able to pop the DVD into the player and have my project start playing right away.

how do I achieve this?

Thanks!

Imac G5, Mac OS X (10.4.4)

Posted on Jan 18, 2007 7:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2007 7:56 PM

Import the exported QT movie as an asset in DVDSP like normal. Apply it to a track. Then delete any menus in the Outline, make sure the DVD's first play is set to the track, and burn.
4 replies

Jan 18, 2007 8:51 PM in response to randallkentjr

Open iDVD. It doesn't matter what template you choose. Select Map View. Drag your movie to the block that says "Drag content here to automatically play when the disc is inserted". Burn your DVD.

When you play the DVD it will automatically start your movie without any menus. But since you can't delete that one default menu from the iDVD Map, once your movie ends, the the DVD will automatically go to the menu, so you probably ought to include some text telling your viewer to remove the DVD from the DVD player and restart it.

Exporting footage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.