Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mendeley cannot install in Mac OS High Siera

User uploaded file

MacBook Air, iOS 10.3.2

Posted on Jan 1, 2018 12:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2018 3:56 AM

Hi, may I know is the Mendeley app works well with the latest OS? Because mine keeps on crashing whenever I tried to add a reference in Microsoft Word.

Even when I open the app alone itself, it keeps on crashing.

21 replies

May 28, 2018 7:17 AM in response to charline85

Hello Charline85,

This is one of the answers that Support Mendeley send me;

Can you do the following steps:

1. Closed Mendeley Desktop

2. Try to locate your Mendeley Desktop Folder using this file path: /Users/«Your Name»/Library/Application Support/Mendeley Desktop.

3. Once you have found the Mendeley Desktop Folder try to look for a file that has a name with the format like this: "«yourEmailAddress»@www.mendeley.com.sqlite" or If you have not entered an e-mail address into Mendeley Desktop, your database file is called "online.sqlite".

4. Once you have found that file try to delete it and then try to reopen Mendeley Desktop

If the problem persists, try again with this method:

Remove Mendeley from your Mac PC using another application to do this, like https://freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/ and then download the application from another browser (do not use Chrome, do it with Safari or the other way arround) and install Mendeley again and restart the program

Good luck!

Jan 18, 2018 7:58 AM in response to Yer_Man

This is a problem known to Elsevier since Mac OS Sierra, and they seem to have done nothing to fix the issue.

See, for instance, all the people affected in this thread of the mendeley support page:

http://support.mendeley.com/customer/portal/questions/17159617-mendeley-crashes- on-start-up

It is disapointing that Elsevier doesn't fix the problem as it is also very disapointing that Apple allows a defective app to be sold through the app store...

Jan 18, 2018 10:52 AM in response to Paudvm

1. That's the not the problem the original poster had. Being unable to install is not the same as being unable to start without crashing.

2. As I was able to both install an start it without it crashing, I'm not sure that the app is defective.

3. Oddly, I can't find Mendeley on sale on the App Store. Maybe because it is, in fact, free, though you can purchase various premium features.

So, not really sure what you're talking about here.

Jun 6, 2018 5:50 AM in response to kaushila117

my Mac is Sierra, Mendeley 19.1 crashed when open it, and I tried every previous version, it did so, and after I tried this whole erase way, Finally, Mendeley could be lanched, however, every time I set the watched folder, Mendeley will crash in the middle of sync, do anyone know how to fix this problem? Your response will be greatly appreciated!!!

Mendeley cannot install in Mac OS High Siera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.