Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Selective Photos sync via icloud

I've been successfully synching the Photos app across my MacBook, iPad and iPhone via iCloud. However, now I'm about to convert my Aperture library to Photos, and I don't want those thousands of images synched. What's the recommended way to synch photos selectively? The outcome I'd prefer is that new photos created on the IOS devices will show up on all three devices, but photos imported on the Macbook will not do so unless I "push" them.

I'm on IOS 11.2 and OSX Yosemite (older MacBook).

OBS MacBook (13-inch Early 2009), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Jan 1, 2018 9:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2018 10:07 AM

iCloud Photo Library is all or nothing - you can use it for the syncing the IOS deices and diable it on the Mac and use MyPhotoStream to move photos from IOS devices to the Mac or you can have two Photos libraries and move photos between libraries using PowerPhotos- only the system library syncs

LN

3 replies

Selective Photos sync via icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.