Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is Spotlight Search in iOS 11? Swipe down, nothing. Settings > General, nothing. No search bar, no option to enable Spotlight Search.

Where the heck is Spotlight Search in iOS 11? I just want to search for a particular file on my iPad, but I can’t find Spotlight anywhere. All suggestions say to swipe down on the home screen but there’s no search bar there. Under Settings, there’s no option to enable Spotlight Search. Not under General. Nowhere. Infuriating.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS Sierra (10.12), null

Posted on Jan 1, 2018 10:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2018 11:17 AM

Swiping down from around the middle of the screen when on a Home Screen, should bring down the Spotlight Search directly.

If you are in an App, you need to swipe down from the very top of the screen, and then swipe once to the right.

Use Search on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

6 replies

Where is Spotlight Search in iOS 11? Swipe down, nothing. Settings > General, nothing. No search bar, no option to enable Spotlight Search.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.