Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 5s asks for my Apple ID about every 24 hours since I got my Apple Watch.

My iPhone keeps requesting My Apple ID about every 24 hours. This has only started since I received my generation 3 (gps only) Apple Watch for Christmas. How can I get this to stop happening?

i am running the latest iOS on my phone.

iPhone 5s, iOS 11.2.1, Apple Watch 38mm 3rd generation

Posted on Jan 2, 2018 4:10 AM

15 replies

Jan 4, 2018 10:48 AM in response to bazilh

Mine did it again today too, not exactly 24 hours, it was later in the day this time.

I do not have 2 factor identification turned on. Took some snapshots of the screens as promised...

And as you had mentioned before, my iPhone 5s doesn't have ApplePay, I don't have that setup, but it doesn't mean that it isn't interfering with my phone function.

User uploaded file

For this one, my name still shows up across the top, cropped for privacy purposes.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Jan 3, 2018 7:51 AM in response to Eric Root

Meaning, am I still logged in and it is just asking for the password?

I will check tomorrow morning. I usually just click the button that’s says Settings (in the pop up, instead of cancel) and am redirected to where I put my password back in.

I will Cancel tomorrow morning instead and see if it is still showing my name before putting in the password again, and get some screen captures.

Jan 3, 2018 5:27 PM in response to AppleApple495

My order of play is:

-Pop up on the watch: "Password Failed Please re-enter your iCloud password on your iPhone"

-Pop up on the phone lock screen: "Apple ID Verification Enter your Apple ID password in Settings"

-Go to settings, at the top of the screen, red exclamation point under my name, click in there and it says: "Update Apple ID settings, Some account services require you to sign in again"

-Click continue, prompted with pop up to enter in Apple ID password.

I am not sure if this is somehow linked to the whole new Apple Pay Cash thing, as that was a big part of the watchOS 4.2 update, in conjunction with the 11.2 update. The iphone 5s natively does not support Apple Pay, and the watch could be trying to do some sort of daily validation which is failing because of the 5s not supporting Apple Pay/Apple Pay Cash.

Jan 4, 2018 10:37 AM in response to AppleApple495

Got the pop up again today, driving me nuts!

AppleApple495, just out of curiosity, do you have two-factor authentication turned on under your Apple ID?

I am still going down the path of apple watch and apple pay/apple pay cash having something to do with this, and I was just reading that the new watchOS 4.2 Apple Pay Cash thingy requires two factor authentication to work correctly. I was going to activate two factor auth (which I currently do not have) to see if that makes any difference to the situation.

My iPhone 5s asks for my Apple ID about every 24 hours since I got my Apple Watch.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.