Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch series 3 38mm and 42mm

I have a question about apple watch series 3, is there a difference in the battery capacity of the 38mm and 42mm? How long can u use the 38mm and 42mm is there any differece of battery???

Posted on Jan 2, 2018 3:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2018 5:30 AM

Hi

Battery capacity is higher for 42mm models than for 38mm models.

For example, for Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular) models:

• 38mm: 1.07Whr
  • 42mm: 1.34Whr

Battery life varies depending on use and other factors. Examples are detailed here:

Apple Watch - Battery - Apple

Apple's tips for maximising battery life on Apple Watch are detailed here:

Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

For previous models of Apple Watch, Apple stated that its examples of battery life were based on using a 38mm model and that 42mm models typically experienced longer battery life, although this was not quantified.

Whilst Apple does not currently state the same information, it may be reasonable to expect that the same principle applies.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2018 5:30 AM in response to Semkurt

Hi

Battery capacity is higher for 42mm models than for 38mm models.

For example, for Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular) models:

• 38mm: 1.07Whr
  • 42mm: 1.34Whr

Battery life varies depending on use and other factors. Examples are detailed here:

Apple Watch - Battery - Apple

Apple's tips for maximising battery life on Apple Watch are detailed here:

Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

For previous models of Apple Watch, Apple stated that its examples of battery life were based on using a 38mm model and that 42mm models typically experienced longer battery life, although this was not quantified.

Whilst Apple does not currently state the same information, it may be reasonable to expect that the same principle applies.

Jan 2, 2018 4:11 AM in response to Semkurt

The 42mm Apple Watch has a slightly bigger battery than the 38mm watch due to more room in the casing, and the Series 3 has a slightly bigger battery (same as the Series 2) than the Series 1.

If battery life is important to you — for example, you want to get in multiple workouts a day or you want to go a couple days without charging — you'll not only want to go with Series 3, but with the 42mm

https://www.imore.com/which-apple-watch-size-should-you-get#battery

Jan 2, 2018 4:17 AM in response to Semkurt

There is. With all things being equal in how you use the watch, the 42mm will last longer.

While my wife & I use ours differently, here are some observations of the first-generation vs Series 3 (we have the non-LTE version of Series 3). Both generations, wife used 38mm and I the 42mm.

First-gen: Wife's average power consumption around 80% or more. She would sometimes take it off, or re-charge a bit during the day. For me, power consumption would average around 50%.

Series 3: Seems like we gained around twice the efficiency. Wife's now consumes around 50% per day and mine just around 25% per day.

Apple watch series 3 38mm and 42mm

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.