Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

com.apple.Compressor.CompressorKit.ErrorDomain error -1 with iMovie !!

Hello ,

I had the same error mentioned in the tittle and the only thread I found on the apple community was this one :

Re: com.apple.Compressor.CompressorKit.ErrorDomain error -1 with iMovie !!

I just want to report the solution I found which was working for me

I did all was described in the previous link and nothing worked for me ;-(

Here how I proceeded to solve this error , I found a another thread about this subject which was also useful !

SOLVED: Why wont imovie let me export? Heap zone error. - MacBook Pro 13" - iFixit

I worked with the idea that the name of the imported file was the problem . Below 2 ways I used to import a movie file from a action camera.

First what didn't work is to import directly the file with the full name from the action camera sd card .The name file is like this : 2015_0101_013107_002.MP4

Importing the sequence directly in imovie , mounting the movie and finally I always got the error described in the tittle when sharing.

I never had the problem importing the sequence like the 2 methods below :

1- importing the sequence with the same name but not directly in imovie but before creating a new event (for example with the date of the day.

Making like this I never had the error when sharing.

2-Before importing the sequence in imovie , I downloaded the file on my HD and changed the name with for example file1.MP4 and file2.PM4 etc ..

With this method I didn't create an event , importing directly from my HD into Imovie and my film.

This this method I never had the error when sharing.

In conclusion , I don't know if it's right , the problem was the name of the importing sequence .

Hope it can help.

Happy new year 2018

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 2, 2018 8:19 AM

There are no replies.

com.apple.Compressor.CompressorKit.ErrorDomain error -1 with iMovie !!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.