Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook pro 2016(touch bar) popping sound

Hello,

i would like to report popping sound from(probably speakers).

First i was hoping it was just room sound, but then i google the macbook pro popping sound, seen few videos and i have the exact same popping sound coming from my brand new macbook pro.

How can i fix this or what should i do now?

It's pretty expensive product, so yes i am curious.

-Yes i did the restart + D button to diagnostic, all good.

MacBook Air, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Jan 3, 2018 3:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2018 4:20 PM

Hello P.Potoczky,

I see from your post that the speakers on your MacBook Pro are making a popping noise. To get started, please reset the SMC and NVRAM and see if you can reproduce the issue.

How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac

How to reset NVRAM on your Mac

If the issue persists then it could be a hardware issue. Use the link below to find the service options in your area.

Mac Service and Repair

Take care.
15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2018 4:20 PM in response to P.Potoczky

Hello P.Potoczky,

I see from your post that the speakers on your MacBook Pro are making a popping noise. To get started, please reset the SMC and NVRAM and see if you can reproduce the issue.

How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac

How to reset NVRAM on your Mac

If the issue persists then it could be a hardware issue. Use the link below to find the service options in your area.

Mac Service and Repair

Take care.

Jan 31, 2018 3:46 PM in response to P.Potoczky

Hello,

I had the same problem and managed to fix it. Unfortunately most likely you will have a hard time fixing it because Apple 🍏 are *****.

Although the noise comes from the speakers, there is a 99% chance its caused by your display.

In my case I changed the top-case twice, didn't do anything and the third time I changed the display which solved the problem.

Your main issue now is that this problem cannot be detected by any hardware or software tests. and thats why the guys from the apple services wont accept the fact that your laptop has a problem. If its not detectable by hardware or software tests, this guys ( from the authorised apple services) wont get their money back from Apple for fixing your mbp ( if it still got coverage).

I had huge arguing situations with them and with apple care.

My solution was: 1. Call Apple Care and open a case on this problem.

2. Take a video of the popping sound and upload it on your case.

3. Force your senior advisor to send the video further to the apple technicians department

4. Wait for the technicians solution and than if they decide that your display needs to be changed, it will be covered by apple.

I bought my mbp 9 months ago. Repaired it 5 times.( different issues ). Now it got changed for a new one. ( 3 days ago ) because I had to repair it again. Out of 9 months my laptop was in service for 3 months and apple didn't give a ****. no compensation nothing.:) but that's another story

Still I managed to solve the popping problem on the old one by changing the display.

Hope for the best

Good luck

Jan 31, 2018 3:55 PM in response to arhitectu

One more point. I took my MacBookPro into 3 different Apple Services in Vienna and 1 in Romania. No one managed to find the problem or change the right part until the technicians from apple demanded a new display for the mbp. The guys from the Apple Service won't accept a video. ( only apple care will if you insist) There are very limited ways to prove your problem and this is the hardest point. I fought with this issue for a long time and I can tell you... It was very frustrating. Just take my advice and follow the steps. It was the only thing that worked in the end.

😟

Feb 13, 2018 10:15 PM in response to P.Potoczky

I have had problems with apple products before, nevertheless their customer service has always been good and has solved my problems well. But I must admit that I am frustrated right now because my MBP Touch Bar is making that popping sound. Sometimes it sounds very loud and even I can feel it when writing. I hope Apple gives some answer related to it because I can't believe a laptop with such a high price tag has this kind of problem. And I wouldn't mind if this product wasn't so miniaturized. I mean who in this world if not Apple would be able to fix the hinge or whatever it is that causes the sound? I believe it has something to do with the screen. I mean when the sound happens I can feel it coming from the lower part of the screen.

Mar 2, 2018 2:10 AM in response to Yasuo99

Hello,

That's what happens with apple services . They all replace the bottom part and the battery . replaced mine 3 times this unprofessional technicians from 3 different apple services.

So this is how I fixed it. Call Apple , tell them to open a case on your problem. Record the problem . Send it to Apple and escalade it . Tell them to send the video 2 their technicians and come with an answer.

Result: They will want your display to be replaced. This will solve your issue.

All the best

Mar 2, 2018 2:34 AM in response to Yasuo99

That's why the first option worked for me. force apple to admit that something is wrong by opening a case and sending them a recorded video of the sound. it will work. 🙂 My device also had keyboard issues and other ones so in the end they exchanged my machine. But till that point I managed to fix the sound by replacing my display. They changed it because the keyboard also broke for the 3rd time in less than one year. made in china

Macbook pro 2016(touch bar) popping sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.