Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Screen Burn-in?!

My MacBook 12-inch early 2016 started to have severe "burn-in" issue since last week. The screen became un-useable as capture camera below.

I learned online that LCD could not have "burn-in" issue like OLED, but it can have "stuck pixel" issue. I have followed several advise online to "unstuck" the pixel, for example, running screen saving or some program that display random patterns. However, the problem is still there.

My MacBook 12-inch early 2016 is a relatively new laptop, compared to my 2013 MacBook Pro, which has no problem with the display at all.

Has anyone experienced similar issue? Any luck in resolving it? I have an appointment at Apple Store tomorrow. Any experience dealing with Apple Service on this issue?

Thank you in advance.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MacBook, iOS 10.3.2, Early 2016

Posted on Jan 3, 2018 6:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2018 10:29 PM

Thanks, Klaus.

But that doesn't help. I did the white screensaver trick and even worse because the white color was burned-in.

I took it to an Apple store today. The Apple guys confirmed it is a hardware issue and they are going to replace the screen.

They are charging SGD600 for it because the machine is 20 months old and 8 months outside of warranty.

I think having a screen failure within 2 years is too soon for any computer!

Has anyone had a similar experience?User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2018 10:29 PM in response to Klaus1

Thanks, Klaus.

But that doesn't help. I did the white screensaver trick and even worse because the white color was burned-in.

I took it to an Apple store today. The Apple guys confirmed it is a hardware issue and they are going to replace the screen.

They are charging SGD600 for it because the machine is 20 months old and 8 months outside of warranty.

I think having a screen failure within 2 years is too soon for any computer!

Has anyone had a similar experience?User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Macbook Screen Burn-in?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.