Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can’t I delete the ‘HEALTH ‘ app on my iPhone? Why won’t the 1 in a red circle on the top right corner of my settings icon disappear even though I did what was asked of me? Why can’t I free up storage by following your directions?

iPhone

Posted on Jan 3, 2018 6:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2018 7:27 AM

My software is and has been up to date I made sure of it. The badge has nothing to do with it. The badge is to inform me that my iPhoto storage is full. I deleted most of my photos so that is no longer true and the badge won’t go way. Also when I try to manage storage there is no way to do so.

Why can’t I delete the HEALTH app.

You’re reply did not help or answer me.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2018 7:27 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

My software is and has been up to date I made sure of it. The badge has nothing to do with it. The badge is to inform me that my iPhoto storage is full. I deleted most of my photos so that is no longer true and the badge won’t go way. Also when I try to manage storage there is no way to do so.

Why can’t I delete the HEALTH app.

You’re reply did not help or answer me.

Jan 3, 2018 6:44 AM in response to Susanloubaker

Health is not one of the apps that can be deleted.

Remove built-in Apple apps from the Home screen on your iOS 10 device or Apple Watch - Apple Support

The amount of space an app takes up is very, very small.

If you see a badge on the Settings icon, it usually means that your software needs updating. Go to Settings>General>Software Update and perform the update.

Jan 3, 2018 9:03 AM in response to Susanloubaker

If you have iCloud Photo Library turned on that message may be telling you that the free 5GB of iCloud Storage you have is insufficient.

This is a volunteer user-to-user technical support site. There are no Apple executives here to explain to you why you cannot delete your Health app. If you don't like volunteers and want to snap at someone I suggest you call Apple headquarters.

Why can’t I delete the ‘HEALTH ‘ app on my iPhone? Why won’t the 1 in a red circle on the top right corner of my settings icon disappear even though I did what was asked of me? Why can’t I free up storage by following your directions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.