Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

42mm band fit a 38mm?

Can a 42mm band fit a 38mm case?

Apple Watch

Posted on Jan 3, 2018 12:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2018 3:54 PM

I have not tried it myself, but I have read that the bands will work interchangeably, but might not look quite right. A large band on a small watch will stick out beyond the edges of the watch, and there will be a visible "gap" if a small band is used on a larger watch. It appears that the locking mechanism at the center is the same on both sizes. I've been wondering myself, since I have a 42mm and many of the more "fun" or feminine third-party bands only seem to come in the 38mm size.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2018 3:54 PM in response to Rmradcliffe

I have not tried it myself, but I have read that the bands will work interchangeably, but might not look quite right. A large band on a small watch will stick out beyond the edges of the watch, and there will be a visible "gap" if a small band is used on a larger watch. It appears that the locking mechanism at the center is the same on both sizes. I've been wondering myself, since I have a 42mm and many of the more "fun" or feminine third-party bands only seem to come in the 38mm size.

42mm band fit a 38mm?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.