You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 10 in Bootcamp has no bluetooth? HELP

Hi all! I'm really hoping someone out there has run into and fixed this problem I'm having. I've googled over and over again but nothing seems to work (either the directions don't make sense or the links they're using are outdated). I remember the days when all you had to do was make sure you had the drivers installed, which seems to be my problem, but for some reason I cannot find any drivers TO install and I've just been led around and around in a circle.

I'll be as specific as possible and hopefully someone can help!

I'm running an iMac i7 4.2Ghz. I like to play PC games which is why I have my hard drive split with Bootcamp; Windows 10 I strictly use for gaming and my Mac is for everything else. Never had any problems until now.

Originally I installed Windows 8.1 then upgraded to Windows 10. Still never had any problems. Within the last few Windows 10 updates though I noticed the little icon for Bluetooth in my task bar disappeared. I never thought anything of it until now because I have a new Bluetooth product I tried to hook up.

This is what I see when I open my Device Manager: User uploaded file

If I click Bluetooth USB Host Controller and go to Update Driver it gives me this:

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

I've been around and around but I'm at a total loss as to what to do. I know for a fact when I first installed Bootcamp I had Bluetooth... Something must have happened with the most recent update(s) for Windows 10. I've also tried opening up my Install USB drive and "reinstalling" from there but even after it says it was installed no Bluetooth is showing.

If anyone has any inkling as to how I can fix this or has been through this themselves I'd greatly, greatly appreciate the help!

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015), iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Jan 3, 2018 6:37 PM

7 replies

Jan 3, 2018 7:26 PM in response to Loner T

I bought it summer of 2016 brand new so it's just a year and a half old. Straight from Apple.

I'll go to my Mac and try and see if I can find something in Bootcamp like what you're showing. I haven't seen that before... Thank you for responding BTW! This problem is driving me nuts so I greatly appreciate the help.

Also, just to add, this is something I keep seeing when I try to use Windows troubleshooter:

User uploaded file

Windows 10 in Bootcamp has no bluetooth? HELP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.