Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove facebook birthdays from ical?

iPhone X

Posted on Jan 3, 2018 9:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2018 2:29 AM

iOS 11 has removed Facebook Integration with the calendar app. However, if you are still seeing birthdays, open the calendar app, zoom out to the yearly view, tap on calendar at the bottom, and you will see a list of items that will show on the calendar. One of these is birthdays, and you can uncheck this option so that birthdays in general are not shown in the calendar. Thanks!

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2018 2:29 AM in response to tburgi

iOS 11 has removed Facebook Integration with the calendar app. However, if you are still seeing birthdays, open the calendar app, zoom out to the yearly view, tap on calendar at the bottom, and you will see a list of items that will show on the calendar. One of these is birthdays, and you can uncheck this option so that birthdays in general are not shown in the calendar. Thanks!

Jan 15, 2018 2:59 PM in response to Xx8888

I had the same problem. Removing the birthday calendar also removed my contacts' birthdays. What I did took a while but it worked. I don't know how or why but some of my facebook friends (the ones their birthdays where spamming my calendar 😝) appeared in my contact list, so i deleted them from my contacts one by one. It took a while but it worked. Hope i helped!

Mar 19, 2018 7:31 PM in response to tburgi

Ok, this is really annoying.

I don’t want to remove ALL of the birthdays. Only some.

There are people who i unfriended and blocked and I don’t want to see their birthdays. BUT I do want to still see my current friends and families birthdays alerts. Please for god sake fix this already BEFORE developing totally useless things like emoji face bs. Come on!

I’m sorry your developers failed you, Steve!

Mar 24, 2018 10:44 AM in response to sannan06

Ok, this is really annoying.

I don’t want to remove ALL of the birthdays. Only some.

There are people who i unfriended and blocked and I don’t want to see their birthdays. BUT I do want to still see my current friends and families birthdays alerts. Please for god sake fix this already BEFORE developing totally useless things like emoji face bs. Come on!

I’m sorry your developers failed you, Steve!

Mar 19, 2018 8:51 PM in response to Ammura

I deleted all birthdays from all contacts at once. So now I can add birthdays of only those whome I really wana wish. I exported the vacrd from icloud contacts. Then I imported it to google contacts. Then I exported it as an outlook file. Then I imported it in microsoft outlook. Removed birthdays there. Exported from Microsoft outlook and imported to google contacts. Exported as vacrd from google contacts. I don’t have any images on contacts now or any birthdays. Eventhough I have over a thousand contacts total size of the vard was approximately 200kb I believe.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.