Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Health Data to Strava

Are there any fixes in place to allow Apple Health to write data to Strava? I am an athlete trying (somewhat unsuccessfully) to solely use the Apple Watch. The Apple Workout platform is not great, so I use Strava to record and analyze my fitness activities. However, I cannot use Strava to record non-GPS activities (like my indoor cross training, treadmill, swim, and trainer workouts), so I use the Apple Workout platform. To date, I have not found an effective way to sync these workouts to Strava. It is frustrating, because I really need one platform (ideally Strava) to store and analyze all my workout activities.

My husband just traded in his Apple Watch for a Garmin mainly because of this issue (and the heart rate monitoring/data recording from the Apple Watch during a workout is not perfect). Overall, I like my Apple Watch and would like to stick with it, but currently it is not ideal for more serious workout enthusiasts, especially those that are avid Strava users.

Any help would be appreciated.

Apple Watch Series 2, watchOS 4.2

Posted on Jan 4, 2018 6:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2018 6:11 AM

Hi

In respect of built-in features, I'm afraid that no-one here can tell you anything about Apple's unannounced plans. You are not talking to Apple here - this is a user-based technical support community.

If you would like to submit a feature request to Apple, then you can do so here:

Feedback - Apple Watch - Apple

However, you may find that a third-party app meets your needs.

You may wish to consider these apps, for example:

HealthFit on the App Store

• "HealthFit exports your Apple Watch workouts as FIT files, a popular open format supported by all the major fitness platforms, such as Garmin Connect, Strava, TrainingPeaks, RunKeeper"
  • "With HealthFit, you can .. Upload your workouts directly to Strava, TrainingPeaks and SportTracks."

RunGap - Workout Data Manager on the App Store

• "Keep all your workout details from popular services including Apple Watch, Polar, Garmin, Endomondo, RunKeeper, Strava, Runtastic, Suunto, TomTom, Adidas, Magellan, Fitbit, SportsTracker, Apple Health, Nike+ and many others on your iPhone or iPad for instant access anytime."
  • "Easily view, analyze, share, backup and export your workouts as you like."
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2018 6:11 AM in response to lindseyfrommichigan

Hi

In respect of built-in features, I'm afraid that no-one here can tell you anything about Apple's unannounced plans. You are not talking to Apple here - this is a user-based technical support community.

If you would like to submit a feature request to Apple, then you can do so here:

Feedback - Apple Watch - Apple

However, you may find that a third-party app meets your needs.

You may wish to consider these apps, for example:

HealthFit on the App Store

• "HealthFit exports your Apple Watch workouts as FIT files, a popular open format supported by all the major fitness platforms, such as Garmin Connect, Strava, TrainingPeaks, RunKeeper"
  • "With HealthFit, you can .. Upload your workouts directly to Strava, TrainingPeaks and SportTracks."

RunGap - Workout Data Manager on the App Store

• "Keep all your workout details from popular services including Apple Watch, Polar, Garmin, Endomondo, RunKeeper, Strava, Runtastic, Suunto, TomTom, Adidas, Magellan, Fitbit, SportsTracker, Apple Health, Nike+ and many others on your iPhone or iPad for instant access anytime."
  • "Easily view, analyze, share, backup and export your workouts as you like."

Apple Health Data to Strava

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.