Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Glass Only Replacement ?

Hi,i have cracked my iphone 7 plus and want to replace the Glass,the LCD is fine touch works fine,but the screen is shattered.i was hoping i could replace only the glass portion and not the LCD.to replace the whole screen the cost is around 15,000 rs ($149), if apple can replace the glass only,how much of my cost will be reduced ?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11.1.2, broken :(

Posted on Jan 4, 2018 6:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2018 7:42 AM

There is no way to replace just the glass cover on the display. The entire display leaves the factory as a single laminated and sealed component. The glass cannot be removed afterwards and re-applied. The only fix is to replace the entire display with a new factory sealed unit.

Apple replaces the entire display with an OEM new, factory sealed unit.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2018 7:42 AM in response to leodeepak26

There is no way to replace just the glass cover on the display. The entire display leaves the factory as a single laminated and sealed component. The glass cannot be removed afterwards and re-applied. The only fix is to replace the entire display with a new factory sealed unit.

Apple replaces the entire display with an OEM new, factory sealed unit.

Jan 4, 2018 8:08 AM in response to leodeepak26

That is not a supported repair. And if you’ve ever seen people try it you’d not spend a dime for it. The display glass at the factory is sealed in strict clean room conditions, under vacuum using special adhesives.

Believe a random YouTube video if you wish, but you cannot remove cleanly, nor reapply the glass screen properly. I have seen the aftermess of a couple of people who have tried this at various times - it’s a disaster. And if you do so, Apple may refuse any further service afterwards either in or out of warranty.

If you have Apple (or an Apple Authorized service provider) replace the display, you will continue any remaining original warranty, or receive 90 days warranty on the part and work (whichever is longer).

Ask the hack whose going to rip apart your OEM sealed display what kind of warranty they offer? Attempting such a repair seems extraordinarily penny wise and pound foolish to me.

Glass Only Replacement ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.