Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t activate iPhone 8 Plus

I’m in Kenya and I have this iPhone 8 Plus a customer brought in. He got it from the US.

During activation I ran into a strange screen requiring me to choose American carriers. Never seen it. User uploaded file

To get past this, I used a US SIM card from AT&T And successfully activated. Before that I had tried using a Sprint SIM card but the phone just attempted to activate before looping back to this screen.

After activation with AT&T I got this pop up

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

So apparently the phone was yet to be activated.

using local SIM card at this point sent me back to activation.

AT&T say they don’t recognize the IMEI as one of theirs.

Also, after activation, I can switch the AT&T IMEI with Sprint and not loop back to activation.

What am I doing wrong?

Posted on Jan 4, 2018 3:10 PM

3 replies

Jan 5, 2018 2:41 AM in response to vooks777

I tried some of those online IMEI checks.

heres what I got

Your unlock code has been successfully calculated.

IMEI: 3567XXXXXXXXXXXX

Unlock code:

IMEI Number: 3567XXXXXXXXXXXX

Part Description: iPhone 8 Plus

Product Version: 11.2.1

Initial Activation Policy ID:

Initial Activation Policy Details: S2388 US Loaner & Service Picker policy - iPhone 7/8/X - Eureka

Applied Activation PolicyID: 2388 Applied Activation Details: S2388 US Loaner & Service Picker policy - iPhone 7/8/X - Eureka

Next Tether Policy ID: 2388

Next Tether Policy Details: S2388 US Loaner & Service Picker policy - iPhone 7/8/X - Eureka

First Unbrick Date: 20/12/17

Unlock Date:

Unbricked: false

Unlocked: false

So, what am I supposed to do next?

Can’t activate iPhone 8 Plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.