Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

verizon email password not accepted

My Mac constantly asks me to enter my AOL password in internet accounts for my @verizon.net email account. It will not accept the password. In Safari, I have logged off of AOL and logged back on using my password fro my account under the @verizon.net name with no difficulty. I did this just to verify that I was indeed using the correct password. I can read and send email through the AOL website on Safari. Mail is still delivered to me via my @verizon.net address through "MAIL" on my MAC but I cannot send nor reply without being asked for my password which it will not accept. I hate the thought of changing email addresses. Can anyone help?

using macOS Sierra v 10.12.6

iMac, macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Jan 5, 2018 9:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2018 10:18 AM

One option is to delete the account in Mail/Preferences/Accounts and add it back. AOL article below to see if anything helps.

How do I manually configure the settings in email applications to send and receive my Verizon.net mail? - AOL Help

Mail (El Capitan): Mail troubleshooting

Mail (El Capitan): If you can’t send messages

Mail not sending or receiving messages after updating OS X

Delete the password from Keychain Access (Applications/Utilities).

Keychain Issues - Resolve see post by Kappy

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

verizon email password not accepted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.