Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can iPhones get viruses from Safari?

When navigating Safari or Firefox on my iPhone 7 I get constant messages that override my inputs. Like this: "Congratulations! You have been randomly selected to spin and get (1) unclaimed reward. Click OK to start!"

Or a request to "spin the Lucky Wheel!"

How do I eliminate this interference?

​[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 7, iOS 10.3.3

Posted on Jan 5, 2018 12:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2018 8:04 AM

I think I finally got it right. I was clearing down all Safari Websites Data/Cookies, but keeping it synchronised with iCloud, which eventually brought back the recurring problem. After cancelling the synchronisation and then clearing the Websites Data/Cookies on both the iPhone and my MacBook it seems to have worked.

Thank all for the valuable input. Cheers.

16 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2018 8:04 AM in response to Mulder2000

I think I finally got it right. I was clearing down all Safari Websites Data/Cookies, but keeping it synchronised with iCloud, which eventually brought back the recurring problem. After cancelling the synchronisation and then clearing the Websites Data/Cookies on both the iPhone and my MacBook it seems to have worked.

Thank all for the valuable input. Cheers.

Can iPhones get viruses from Safari?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.