Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchases on iPhone not in iTunes library

While backing up my iPhone using iTunes (and I'm using my MacBook Pro) I got the following message:

There are purchases on "David's Awesome iPhone!" which are not in your iTunes library ...

I've attached a screen capture.

Should I take the blue pill or the red pill?

(i.e. Which button do I press?)

Also, I have no recollection of purchasing something through the phone (music, movies and such).

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Jan 5, 2018 12:42 PM

2 replies

Jan 5, 2018 2:21 PM in response to Diane Wordsmith

Yeah, that's what I did - transferred the purchase (whatever it was).

I do recall a recent purchase on another device. It's a little confusing (for me anyway) On my iPad (not the iPhone discussed here) I bought a video through Amazon Prime Video - which required installing their app on my iPad. However, because my iPhone and iPad are connected in some way (most likely iCloud) apps installed on one get installed on the other - pictures taken on one show up on the other device - and so on. My best guess to explain the message I got today while backing up the iPhone is that the movie I bought (or perhaps some proof of purchase - since the movie is streamed) was somehow on the iPhone - even though I never actually purchased anything through the iPhone itself.

Yeah.... something like that.

Purchases on iPhone not in iTunes library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.