Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am having trouble on boot camp assistant, please help. While partitioning disk, I always gets an error ‘Your disk could not be partitioned’.

I have tried running disk utility but says disk is ok. I also tried run fsck -fy but still no luck after running bootcamp. I just recently updated my os to high sierra. I am using Macbook early 2015

Posted on Jan 5, 2018 3:50 PM

11 replies

Jan 6, 2018 3:16 PM in response to Loner T

Hi LonerT, ok I run bootcamp to remove the partition and then rerun again bc. At first I got another error. So what I did is, I saved the iso into usb and use it to run bc. After that it went through further but then again I got another error again ‘Windows cannot locate the disk’. When I searched the net for this kind of error, it says, need to unplug usb. So I unplug usb and restart and load windows, and then it was successfully installed at last! Thanks for your help!

I am having trouble on boot camp assistant, please help. While partitioning disk, I always gets an error ‘Your disk could not be partitioned’.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.