Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple tv 4k - picture drops out, says no input detected...

Hello,

I purchased a 4k Apple tv to go with my new LGC7 set. In the three days I've owned the television, the Apple tv has lost signal / dropped out at least five times. In the middle of a show or movie, the screen goes black, and "no input detected" comes up on the LG screen. The Apple tv box remains lit up, and flashes in response to using the remote, but no signal goes to the television.

I do realize that there is a similar thread, but I saw no mention of the "no input detected" message, and wasn't sure if what I am experiencing is the same thing or not.

It seems that unplugging the HDMI cable from the apple tv and/or unplugging the apple tv and plugging it back it temporarily resolves the issue. I have reset the apple tv, and have also restored to factory setting and set it up a second time, ensuring the software is up to date.

I realize there are many factors at play here - the HDMI cable, the television, and the apple tv itself. I'm still learning the television, and the HDMI cable is fished down through the wall and up on the other side of the room - it will be quite a task to replace it if it comes to that, but can easily attach another cable to test in the meantime.

As I proceed through various steps of troubleshooting - testing other HDMI cables, checking the tv settings, etc. - I wanted to ask if anyone else has experienced a similar issue with the 4k Apple tv or could offer any advice that would be helpful. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thank you in advance for your time and help...it's greatly appreciated.

Apple TV 4K, iOS 11.2.1, null

Posted on Jan 5, 2018 3:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2018 10:31 AM

Similar issue with my X930E. Randomly when turning on the TV the ATV will sometimes have the screen flicker or video is unable to play. I bypassed my AVR but it still happens. Multiple HDMI cables didn't solve issue. Hoping Apple can provide a fix.

5 replies

Jan 7, 2018 8:13 PM in response to bazapple

I have a similar issue as well, and I think it is related to the other thread “random HDMI signal drop”. i have an lg tv as well. After hard resetting, it went away for a little bit, but has recently returned. Perhaps it has something to do with ATV’s most recent software update? Hoping Apple is reading this thread and pushes out a fix soon... In the interim, think the best you can do is just reset and restart.

Jan 8, 2018 4:57 PM in response to bazapple

I have a Sony TV and I will turn off everything and then I will turn it on the next day and the TV will cycle from having a signal to not having a signal. It will cycle every 1 to 1.5 seconds or so.

To fix, I have to unplug the power cable from the ATV and plug it back in and it works perfectly until it is turned off for some extended length of time.

Apple tv 4k - picture drops out, says no input detected...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.