Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Maps missing in the Backgrounds in iMovie 10.1.8

Hi

As mentioned in the iMovie features, I couldn't find Global Maps ( for Travel Animations ) in the Background tab in iMovie (Version 10.1.8). The screenshot is attached for reference. Any Kind of Help is highly appreciated.User uploaded file

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015), macOS High Sierra (10.13.1), null

Posted on Jan 5, 2018 11:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2018 1:06 PM

Your screenshot does not show the scrollbar in the pane with the backgrounds. Perhaps you have the scrollbars disabled in the System Preferences > General.

The pane with the backgrounds can be scrolled. Try to swipe it up or down with the trackpad. Can you reveal the maps this way? The maps are above the items shown in your screenshot.

I am keeping the scrollbars enabled in System Preferences > General.

This way I always will know, if pane can be scrolled and has more items than are visible.

User uploaded file

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2018 1:06 PM in response to harshi_b7

Your screenshot does not show the scrollbar in the pane with the backgrounds. Perhaps you have the scrollbars disabled in the System Preferences > General.

The pane with the backgrounds can be scrolled. Try to swipe it up or down with the trackpad. Can you reveal the maps this way? The maps are above the items shown in your screenshot.

I am keeping the scrollbars enabled in System Preferences > General.

This way I always will know, if pane can be scrolled and has more items than are visible.

User uploaded file

Jan 9, 2018 12:57 PM in response to harshi_b7

Hello harshi_b7,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that iMovie is not showing any of the Map backgrounds. Deleting and reinstalling iMovie may help to resolve this type of issue. This will not affect any of your saved projects.

The following article will provide you with the steps to uninstall iMovie under the Uninstall apps section and how to: macOS Sierra: Install, update, and uninstall apps

This article will provide you with the steps to reinstall iMovie from the Mac App Store:
Reinstall apps that came with your Mac - Apple Support

Best Regards.

Maps missing in the Backgrounds in iMovie 10.1.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.