Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where are my third party apps in iTunes?

Trying to migrate third-party apps from my 6S to my new 8 Plus. Syncing/connecting the new phone with iTunes but I can't migrate the apps I've downloaded over the years to the new device.

Where do I find a list of those apps?

iMac (Flat Panel), OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Jan 6, 2018 11:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2018 11:24 AM

Apps have moved from iTunes to the App Store.

Download apps and games using the App Store - Apple Support

You can view apps you have purchased on the Purchased tab - Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the iTunes Store, iBooks Store, and App Store - Apple Support

3 replies

Jan 16, 2018 4:28 PM in response to Dennis Ianiro

iTunes no longer manages apps. However, it will still manage their data as part of backups.

Make sure you have a backup of your 6S with iTunes. Then, with iPhone 8 Plus, restore from that backup. The apps should then all download to your new phone. Going forward, you'll need to apply updates to those apps directly to the phone.

See this for all that has changed: Changes in the new iTunes - Apple Support

Where are my third party apps in iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.