Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Add the keychain status to the menu bar

I do not see this preference option under macOS High Sierra. Anyone else experiencing the same?

https://support.apple.com/en-gu/guide/keychain-access/add-the-keychain-status-to -the-menu-bar-kyca2269

If you access your keychain frequently, you can add the keychain status icon to the menu bar. This lets you quickly open Keychain Access and manage your keychains.

1. Choose Keychain Access > Preferences, then click General.
  2. Select Show keychain status in menu bar.

macOS High Sierra (10.13.2)

Posted on Jan 6, 2018 12:38 PM

9 replies

Jan 6, 2018 10:50 PM in response to RingoByte

Keychain access is a sensitive and keeping it in the top menu bar or the dock can create issues , if you by mistake delete any items or click on login ( shown in the screen shot ) the pop ups will start appearing .

And for routine computing it is not opened permanently and kept on the dock , thats the reason it is kept in utilities folder . And in Mac OS High Sierra you can not add it to the top menu bar .

User uploaded file

Jan 9, 2018 12:01 AM in response to RingoByte

Thank you, as_909, Kappy and tygb for your responses, much appreciated. In Sierra, I was using the "Lock Screen" command under the keychain status menu; however, in High Sierra, this stopped working. Searching on the Internet, I found out that the "Lock Screen" command now resides under the Apple menu.

Thanks again everyone, and I think Apple should remove/revise the aforementioned support article.

Add the keychain status to the menu bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.