Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how long does it take to erase iphone from icloud website?

Hi,

I have been trying to help a friend (who is in another country) erase her phone. I have accessed her icloud account on the internet and erase her phone through "Find My iPhone".

User uploaded file

I wonder how long it would take for the iPhone to complete the erase? The iPhone I am erasing is connected to the internet.

Thank you in advance

iPhone 6 Plus

Posted on Jan 6, 2018 6:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2018 8:58 PM

Per zinacef's response it should indeed be immediate. I just wanted to add that the reason it is immediate is that all of the data on your iPhone is already strongly encrypted. Therefore, the "erase" process only needs to destroy the encryption keys and all of the data on your iPhone becomes instantly useless and unrecoverable.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2018 8:58 PM in response to jlzr1986

Per zinacef's response it should indeed be immediate. I just wanted to add that the reason it is immediate is that all of the data on your iPhone is already strongly encrypted. Therefore, the "erase" process only needs to destroy the encryption keys and all of the data on your iPhone becomes instantly useless and unrecoverable.

how long does it take to erase iphone from icloud website?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.