Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is my iPhone 6 WiFi antenna broken?

I’m an sick of my iPhone due the amount of problems it has with the wifi.Once it connects to the WiFi you can see the three bars of signal on the top of the screen.It stay connected for about 15 sec or less once it starts disappearing and reappear constantly.And during that time the WiFi Internet connection only work fine ONLY if the WiFi signal has appeared.once it disappeares it doesn’t work and it is very annoying to me.I tried rebooting it resetting,resetting network and completely erasing the iPhone like a brand new iPhone and still it has the same problem.I did all the research and I came to a conclusion that my WiFi antenna or something is broken in the hardware.As I was typing it was doing that same annoying thing.

Posted on Jan 6, 2018 7:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2018 7:46 PM

Your iPhone could indeed have a WiFi radio or antenna problem. If that is the case, then you should take it into an Apple Store to have the hardware tested.

However, the same symptoms could also be caused by a poor WiFi signal or interference from other nearby WiFi networks. To make sure that this is not the case, try your iPhone in an isolated building that has reliable WiFi such as a public library. If your iPhone has the same problem there, then you need to take it in for a hardware check. If it works reliably there, then you need to diagnose your home WiFi network.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2018 7:46 PM in response to iPhonedude169

Your iPhone could indeed have a WiFi radio or antenna problem. If that is the case, then you should take it into an Apple Store to have the hardware tested.

However, the same symptoms could also be caused by a poor WiFi signal or interference from other nearby WiFi networks. To make sure that this is not the case, try your iPhone in an isolated building that has reliable WiFi such as a public library. If your iPhone has the same problem there, then you need to take it in for a hardware check. If it works reliably there, then you need to diagnose your home WiFi network.

Is my iPhone 6 WiFi antenna broken?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.