You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook pro (2016) trackpad can't click

I'm using a MacBook Pro (late 2016) and in the last week, my trackpad has gotten stuck twice. By stuck I mean I can't click on anything, the cursor and gestures still work but I can't click down. It feels as if there's something wrong with the mechanism. I've noticed that it happens after I turn my laptop on from sleep mode, and when it happens I restart my laptop and the trackpad becomes unstuck. I just want to know how to permanently fix the problem.

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS High Sierra (10.13.2)

Posted on Jan 6, 2018 11:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2018 5:39 PM

Hi zszsalovesyou,

I understand that your MacBook Pro trackpad intermittently stops responding. I'm happy to provide some help for this issue.

I recommend that you reset your MacBook Pro SMC using the steps in the article below:

How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!
5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 9, 2018 5:39 PM in response to zsazsalovesyou

Hi zszsalovesyou,

I understand that your MacBook Pro trackpad intermittently stops responding. I'm happy to provide some help for this issue.

I recommend that you reset your MacBook Pro SMC using the steps in the article below:

How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

Macbook pro (2016) trackpad can't click

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.