Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad pro freezing and restarting

Hello,

I have a one year old iPad Pro up to date (version 11.2.1), 256 Go and, randomly, the iPad is freezing and crashing. It did sometimes that when on sleep, I noticed it when the iPad was asking me to enter again my password manually.

But for the last 2 weeks the problem has mounted into something unmanageable. Now the iPad is in recovery mode and itunes can't have the iPad functioning since it restarts constantly at different steps of the reinstallation (e.g. during the apple symbol on black screen or while choosing a country/language).

I have tried to following before the iPad got stuck in this endless process:

1. To restore to factory settings while keeping iPad content,

2. To restore the iPad content from iTunes,

3. To re-initialise the iOS completely and reinstall some the apps one by one for figuring out which app could cause the issue (I carefully remove apps which use seemed to fit the apparition of issues)

The crash logs are not accessible anymore and not present in the library folder on my iMac. But, as far as I do remember, errors were all linked to forced CPU restart or something like this and the fault seems to be in Apple.preferences (file/folder) or something like that.

Any idea how to fix it? Could it be a problem with the new iOs or is it safer to change my iPad?

Thanks in advance

Xavier

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, iOS 11.2.1

Posted on Jan 7, 2018 12:38 AM

3 replies

Jan 7, 2018 1:31 AM in response to Briansyddall

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your quick answer. I am trying it out. When should I release the power button? As soon my iMac detects the iPad (I did and as soon as I release the Power Button, the iPad reboots) or until the restore has been fully made?

Update: I tried both techniques many times, the iPad Pro still restarts. It is right now at the very beginning of the installation of the iOS (white screen, choice of language and country). And it keeps on restarting.

And, actually, the iPad gets detected by the iMac 30% of the time.

Cheers

Jan 8, 2018 2:06 PM in response to Xavier_DK

Some updates.

I updated to MAC OS High Sierra on my iMac, I tried again and again Brian fix as well as another fix which is to force restart (home + power buttons) non-stop until getting the recovery mode. I succeeded to re-install the OS (after 20 tries since the iPad is restarting randomly), but impossible to go further when configuring the iPad. The restarts happen too often to let the processus finishing.

Difficult to figure out what is going on, but it is a beautiful piece of crappy job...

ipad pro freezing and restarting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.