Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dreamweaver CS5.5 crashing

Firstly, I have recently upgraded to the latest version 10.11.6 (15G18013). I'm not sure if this issue is related, but I haven't used Dreamweaver for a couple of weeks i.e. since before this upgrade.

It displays the green splash screen then quits before displaying any application options - 'Dreamweaver quit unexpectedly'. I have deleted the caches in ~/Library/Application Support/Dreamweaver CS5.5 and so it now gives 'Updating the site cache' before quitting unexpectedly with the same error.

The crash report shows

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)

Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000004

Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

All other applications are working fine, including the rest of the cs5.5 apps (Photoshop, Illustrator etc).

I've Googled and couldn't find anyone reporting a similar issue. Has anyone had a similar issue? Any help gratefully received, thanks.

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6), sync to iOS 10.2.1

Posted on Jan 7, 2018 3:48 AM

4 replies

Jan 7, 2018 10:46 AM in response to Macerooni

Sometimes a corrupt .plist will cause this. I have no idea what the Dreamweaver .plist is named, but it should start with com.adobe. If you want to try this, quit the application.

Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library. Then go to Preferences to locate the .plist. Move the .plist to your desktop.

Restart the computer, open the application, and test. If it works okay, delete the plist from the desktop.

If the application is the same, return the .plist to where you got it from, overwriting the newer one.

Thanks to leonie for some information contained in this.

Jan 7, 2018 11:45 PM in response to Eric Root

Eric, thanks very much for your reply!

I found the the following files in /home/Library/Preferences:

com.adobe.dreamweaver-11.5.plist

com.adobe.dreamweaver-11.5.plist.lockfile

com.adobe.dreamweaver-17.1.plist

com.adobe.dreamweaver-17.5.plist

com.adobe.dreamweaver-18.0.plist

com.adobe.dreamweaverhelper-17.1.0.9583.plist

com.adobe.dreamweaverhelper-17.5.0.9878.plist

com.adobe.dreamweaverhelper-18.0.0.10136.plist

I moved all of these out to desktop and then restarted the Mac.

However, starting Dreamweaver CS5.5 after the Mac restart results in the same crash and error.

Any further thoughts?

Dreamweaver CS5.5 crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.