Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro iOS update 11.0.3?

Today I initiated the ios update 11.0.3 on my MacBook Pro. It began its usual laborious download and install... at least I thought it did!!! After about 2 hours I came back to use it, thinking it should be complete!

WRONG!! Instead what I see is a gray screen with a gray CIRCLE ⭕ with a diagonal line... which usually means NO something!

Nothing worked with the keys! so I turned the power button off. Waited 10 minutes and turned it back on. The loading line appeared to be continuing then within a minute it reverted to the circle again!!!! WTH!!!

Tried it all over again... same thing happened again!

Can anyone help or have any ideas what went wrong? Also as with many other users I noticed over the last several months my computer is soooooo slow! I’m totally frustrated and need it running ASAP!

Thank so much!

MacBook Pro, iOS 11.0.3

Posted on Jan 8, 2018 12:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2018 7:20 AM

Try the Internet Recovery Boot. It will be slow but it should be able to download over the network.

The direction are at https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201314

13 replies

Jan 8, 2018 12:13 PM in response to shammyman

You cannot install iOS on a Mac, so exactly what did you do and what did you install? Exactly which MBP model to you have? To find the model identifier open System Profiler in the Utilities' folder. It's displayed in the panel on the right. You will also find the complete model information by selecting About This Mac from the Apple menu. What version of macOS was installed on the computer?

Jan 9, 2018 10:34 AM in response to y_p_w

after turning the unit back on then command + R.... the disc utility finally opened up. Then checked all drives for errors. There were no errors. Then I ran Time Machine from my external HD, it loaded then bam! Full screen and then eventually all data intact!

This whole thing started when I was simply running the system update through the App Store.

I still don’t know WHY it happened though. Never had updates cause any problems.

thanks

MacBook Pro iOS update 11.0.3?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.