Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my iphone x so low on ring volume when receiving a call?

When im holding my iphone x then somebody calls me, i could barely hear the ring but when my phone is on the table or any surface the ring is loud.

Posted on Jan 8, 2018 6:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2018 7:25 PM

This is by design. Once your phone starts to ring, the ringer volume will be normal. Once you look at your phone, it recognizes you and reduces the volume as it knows you are aware it is ringing.

Personally, I've come to really appreciate this and so do the people in my office. But if you don't want your phone to do this, go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Face ID & Attention and turn off Attention Aware Features

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2018 7:25 PM in response to gissel205

This is by design. Once your phone starts to ring, the ringer volume will be normal. Once you look at your phone, it recognizes you and reduces the volume as it knows you are aware it is ringing.

Personally, I've come to really appreciate this and so do the people in my office. But if you don't want your phone to do this, go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Face ID & Attention and turn off Attention Aware Features

Why does my iphone x so low on ring volume when receiving a call?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.