Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can not login to FaceTime or iMessage. Said cannot connect to server. Any suggestions?

Was wondering if anyone had this problem when logging into iMessage or FaceTime. I have never had to login to either app. Now all of a sudden it is requesting login ID and password but it will not connect. Also I no longer have the little green option under settings to turn on FaceTime. When I try to enter my login and password under settings I get the same results. It will not let me login. Any ideas?

iPad Mini Wi-Fi, iOS 10.3.2

Posted on Jan 8, 2018 5:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2018 11:53 AM

Greetings Pannlinn,

Thanks for getting back with us. I have something else for you to try.

If the above articles didn't help you resolve the issue, it could be an issue with Two-factor authentication for your Apple ID. I suggest using this support article to verify your trusted phone numbers, trusted devices, and other account information from your Apple ID page: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID , specifically:

Manage your account

You can manage your trusted phone numbers, trusted devices, and other account information from your Apple ID account page.

Keep your trusted phone numbers up to date

To use two-factor authentication, you need at least one trusted phone number on file where you can receive verification codes. You can update your trusted phone numbers when you follow these steps:

1. Go to your Apple ID account page.
  2. Sign in with your Apple ID.
  3. Go to the Security section and click Edit.

If you want to add a phone number, click Add a Trusted Phone Number and enter the phone number. Choose to verify the number with a text message or automated phone call, and click Continue. To remove a trusted phone number, click User uploaded file next to the phone number you want to remove.

View and manage your trusted devices

You can view and manage a list of your trusted devices in the Devices section of your Apple ID account page.

3. Go to the Devices section.

The device list shows the devices that you're currently signed in to with your Apple ID. Select a device to view the model, serial number, and other useful information, including whether or not the device is trusted and can be used to receive Apple ID verification codes.

You can also remove a trusted device. Removing a trusted device will ensure that it can no longer display verification codes and that access to iCloud, and other Apple services on the device, is blocked until you sign in again with two-factor authentication. If you need to find or erase your device before you remove it from your trusted device list, you can use Find My iPhone.

Once you've done that, please see if you get the same result.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Kind Regards.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2018 11:53 AM in response to Pannlinn

Greetings Pannlinn,

Thanks for getting back with us. I have something else for you to try.

If the above articles didn't help you resolve the issue, it could be an issue with Two-factor authentication for your Apple ID. I suggest using this support article to verify your trusted phone numbers, trusted devices, and other account information from your Apple ID page: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID , specifically:

Manage your account

You can manage your trusted phone numbers, trusted devices, and other account information from your Apple ID account page.

Keep your trusted phone numbers up to date

To use two-factor authentication, you need at least one trusted phone number on file where you can receive verification codes. You can update your trusted phone numbers when you follow these steps:

3. Go to the Security section and click Edit.

If you want to add a phone number, click Add a Trusted Phone Number and enter the phone number. Choose to verify the number with a text message or automated phone call, and click Continue. To remove a trusted phone number, click User uploaded file next to the phone number you want to remove.

View and manage your trusted devices

You can view and manage a list of your trusted devices in the Devices section of your Apple ID account page.

3. Go to the Devices section.

The device list shows the devices that you're currently signed in to with your Apple ID. Select a device to view the model, serial number, and other useful information, including whether or not the device is trusted and can be used to receive Apple ID verification codes.

You can also remove a trusted device. Removing a trusted device will ensure that it can no longer display verification codes and that access to iCloud, and other Apple services on the device, is blocked until you sign in again with two-factor authentication. If you need to find or erase your device before you remove it from your trusted device list, you can use Find My iPhone.

Once you've done that, please see if you get the same result.
Kind Regards.

Jan 9, 2018 11:02 AM in response to Pannlinn

Hello Pannlinn,

I understand that you cannot log in to FaceTime or iMessage. It says connecting to server, but never logs in. You also don't see the option to turn on FaceTime in the Settings app. I'll be happy to help assist you with this.

First, have you ever used iMessage or FaceTime before on this device? Please try the steps in this article if you need help activating:
If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime .

I also suggest making sure that the Apple ID username and password that you are using is correct: If you forgot your Apple ID password .

If you still have an issue with iMessage and FaceTime, please try the steps in these support articles:
If you can‘t make a FaceTime call on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
If you can‘t send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch .

Kind Regards.

I can not login to FaceTime or iMessage. Said cannot connect to server. Any suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.