Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Enter Password for Other MacBook Pro" - What now?

I'm getting a very confusing password prompt. It says 'Enter the password for “Apollo”, which is not the password for this MacBook Pro.'

This is confusing because "Apollo" is the name of this, my only MacBook Pro. The statement in the prompt is false. When I enter my password, the prompt just repeats. What should I do?

User uploaded file

Posted on Jan 8, 2018 6:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2018 3:35 PM

I just encountered this challenge, too, in a slightly different context.

I was remote logging in to my account on the family iMac for the first time after the machine had been upgraded to High Sierra. I was first challenged for my iCloud password (as expected), then asked for the password to my personal MacBook Pro.

Maybe it's an extra layer of security, but it feels wrong. Apple may not know or find out what my MBPro password is, but why even keep the encrypted version of it anywhere but the host machine?

User uploaded file

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2018 3:35 PM in response to Ron Pieket

I just encountered this challenge, too, in a slightly different context.

I was remote logging in to my account on the family iMac for the first time after the machine had been upgraded to High Sierra. I was first challenged for my iCloud password (as expected), then asked for the password to my personal MacBook Pro.

Maybe it's an extra layer of security, but it feels wrong. Apple may not know or find out what my MBPro password is, but why even keep the encrypted version of it anywhere but the host machine?

User uploaded file

"Enter Password for Other MacBook Pro" - What now?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.