Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locked Apple ID reset to Factory Settings

Hi my Apple ID was locked, I can still use the phone but I can not sign out from it because it prompts and ask for a password. What will happen if I reset it to factory settings via Recovery Mode. Will I get stuck in Activate iPhone?

Thanks.

iPhone 7

Posted on Jan 8, 2018 10:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2018 10:10 PM

If [Find My iPhone] is enabled, then yes, erasing will Activation Lock the iPhone. you will need to recover your Apple ID before doing anything of the sort. Use Apple ID - Official Apple Support to try and recover or reset your password and if you can't, be sure to Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support. Good luck to you!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2018 10:10 PM in response to Benjieee

If [Find My iPhone] is enabled, then yes, erasing will Activation Lock the iPhone. you will need to recover your Apple ID before doing anything of the sort. Use Apple ID - Official Apple Support to try and recover or reset your password and if you can't, be sure to Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support. Good luck to you!

Locked Apple ID reset to Factory Settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.