Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I remove stains at the back of my iPhone 7 Plus Matte Black?

User uploaded file

iPhone 7 Plus 128 GB Matte Black

I removed my case after a month and saw stains at the back. I already wipe it using wet cloth, put some alcohol, wet wipes but it didn’t work. Do you know how can I bring it back to normal?

Posted on Jan 9, 2018 5:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2018 11:40 PM

They are not stains, it is the finish wearing off which is why none of your cleaning options worked. This is caused by small bits of dust finding their way between the case and the iPhone and then rub against the back. This is considered cosmetic damage and isn't covered by the warranty. You have three options - live with it, keep it in a nice case, or send it out to a third party to have it painted.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2018 11:40 PM in response to abacanTD

They are not stains, it is the finish wearing off which is why none of your cleaning options worked. This is caused by small bits of dust finding their way between the case and the iPhone and then rub against the back. This is considered cosmetic damage and isn't covered by the warranty. You have three options - live with it, keep it in a nice case, or send it out to a third party to have it painted.

How can I remove stains at the back of my iPhone 7 Plus Matte Black?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.