Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble re-downloading GarageBand Artist Lessons with purchase older than 18 months

Hi,

I'm trying to re-download Artist Lessons in GarageBand that I have previously-purchased. I found KB article Re-download GarageBand Learn to Play Artist Lessons - Apple Support and followed the instructions, but got stuck at "View Order History". The Online Store only lets me view orders within 18 months at most. My original purchase, however, was done many years ago (2010). How can I get around this issue?

Thanks,

-r41f

Posted on Jan 9, 2018 12:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2018 1:32 PM

Do you still have the artist sessions in your Time Machine backup?

They should be installed in the folder /Library/Application Support/GarageBand/Learn to Play/Artist Lessons/ or

~/Library/Application Support/GarageBand/Learn to Play/Artist Lessons/

Copy them back from this folder.

If you cannot restore them from the backup, you need to contact Apple Support, as described here:

Apple Software - Shopping Help - Apple

That is from the US version of the link above. You may need to switch the page to your country.

Problems with Artist Lessons

If you’re having trouble purchasing, downloading, or retrieving Artist Lessons, please contact Apple Store Customer Service at 1-800-676-2775.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2018 1:32 PM in response to rtappmeyer

Do you still have the artist sessions in your Time Machine backup?

They should be installed in the folder /Library/Application Support/GarageBand/Learn to Play/Artist Lessons/ or

~/Library/Application Support/GarageBand/Learn to Play/Artist Lessons/

Copy them back from this folder.

If you cannot restore them from the backup, you need to contact Apple Support, as described here:

Apple Software - Shopping Help - Apple

That is from the US version of the link above. You may need to switch the page to your country.

Problems with Artist Lessons

If you’re having trouble purchasing, downloading, or retrieving Artist Lessons, please contact Apple Store Customer Service at 1-800-676-2775.

Trouble re-downloading GarageBand Artist Lessons with purchase older than 18 months

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.