Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth issues with Acura vehicles

When will iOS 11.2.2 get a Bluetooth bug fix so it syncs properly with AcuRa vehicles??

iPhone 7, iOS 11.2.2, Bluetooth issues since iOS 11 updat

Posted on Jan 9, 2018 6:35 PM

18 replies

Jan 10, 2018 9:54 AM in response to Raymondskiddy

Hello Raymondskiddy,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are having an issue with using your iPhone with the car stereo in your Acura. To help resolve this issue, please follow these steps in this resource, including contacting Acura for possible updates for the stereo.

If you're using Bluetooth

1. Check your car stereo's user manual for how to pair with a Bluetooth device.
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth, and turn off Bluetooth. Wait for 5 seconds, then turn Bluetooth back on.
  3. Restart your iOS device.
  4. On your iOS device, unpair your car stereo. On your car's display, unpair your iOS device and any other devices. Restart your car and your iOS device, then pair and connect again.
  5. Update your iOS device.
  6. Install any firmware updates for your car stereo.
  7. If you still can't connect, contact Apple Support.

Get help connecting your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with your car stereo

Cheers!

Jan 10, 2018 5:34 PM in response to sterling r

Hi Sterling

That is very basic. But thanks for the info.

I am a trained Service Advisor for Acura.

So prior to IOS 11 the sync of the phone to car was good. Now since 11.0 and up to current 11.2.2 the phone book no longer all syncs in. Only about 25%. The recent calls tab only shows phone numbers not the names they match in the phone book

Oh ya and it will receive text but the pre provided text responses will not go!

Believe me this phone and my 17’ ACURA ILX. Along with the several dozen vehicles of all othe models we carry are all behaving the same.

Previously current Android phone all features worked properly with this veh.

Lastly when the phone and car are synced as new the features work and I believe all the phone book was available. Then after car was shut off and later restarted the phone combined (sync) with vehicle but not all features where fully available, as I said prior to 11.0 iOS update none of this was a problem???

Please help

Todd

Jan 23, 2018 5:58 AM in response to Raymondskiddy

I, too, have been waiting for Apple to address this issue, which has been a problem since iOS 11 debuted in September. I have been in touch with Acura and I can assure you, it is not the car because the technicians I spoke to said that Acura/Honda Corporate had been in contact with Apple regarding the Bluetooth issues... the problem is most certainly the iPhone and its software. My phone is the 6S and my car is the 2016 TLX, a brand new model that was purchased new.

The infotainment system had no issues until I updated to iOS 11. No, all of my contacts (with the exception of A-C) are blacked-out and inaccessible. When attempting to follow Apple's advice of disconnecting and deleting the device from the car and then reconnecting, all of the contacts get imported. But then, once you got back to access them and make a call, they all black-out again.

WE NEED A FIX FOR THIS! I've been a long-time Apple product user and I have to say, I'm very disappointed with the lack of response this problem has received... especially given how many people drive Honda products.

Feb 25, 2018 7:30 AM in response to soxfan7221

I was very hopeful that the IOS 11.2.6 update would fix this problem today since release notes mentioned Bluetooth connection issues. Unfortunately it doesn’t fix it.

It’s inexcusable in my opinion for a problem like this to go on for months and months without getting resolved. there must be thousands of car owners affected. Apple quality control has apparently gone to **** because of all the bugs I’m experiencing on my IOS and Mac OS.

Mar 18, 2018 5:51 PM in response to SMS45

Just make sure you never update your Samsung. Read through Android forums and you will see that they have the exact same issues. This is not an iPhone only problem. These issues will continue to be a problem until all manufacturers get together and come up with a standard. Yes, it is the iOS that breaks the connection but it is up to the manufacturers to supply the firmware update for their system. All the Android suggestions include updating the firmware as well.

Bluetooth issues with Acura vehicles

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.