Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues with the screen being hyper sensitive to touch and jumping a lot, unable to change between apps.

Apple watch is not having issues with being hyper sensitive to touch or any type of movement since recent iOS update. It is now causing apps to be jumpy and move around a lot even when not in motion or movement or in use. This would be similar to if the crown is being moved which its not. Now with this issue its caused my watch to eat up a lot of battery power and when on nightstand mode its staying on constant not powering down like it should. I have completed several Force shut downs when help for a brief time but not a longterm fix. Please advise on further fixes!

Thanks!

Apple Watch Series 2, only 11months old, daily wearing

Posted on Jan 9, 2018 7:09 PM

2 replies

Jan 10, 2018 2:45 AM in response to Caroline.graham08

Hi

The symptoms that you have described may be consistent with an issue with the Digital Crown's normal operation.

Operation of the Digital Crown can be affected by substances like dust or lotion. It may help to clean it by following the steps here:

Use the Digital Crown on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

When charging your Apple Watch in Nightstand Mode, it is especially sensitive to vibrations. It may help to check that you are placing it on a surface that is still and free from vibrations.

The following steps may also help:

If you have not yet done so, update your iPhone and Apple Watch to the latest software, starting with your iPhone:

Restart both your iPhone and your Apple Watch, turning both devices off together, then restarting your iPhone first:

Unpair and re-pair your Apple Watch:

If the issues persist, then your Apple Watch may require service. I suggest that you contact Apple Support (remote diagnostics and/or mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider to arrange for your Apple Watch to be checked and, if required, serviced:

Issues with the screen being hyper sensitive to touch and jumping a lot, unable to change between apps.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.