Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why SOSDataSource-ak in keychain?

Can anyone tell me what SOSDataSource-ak is or why it showed up in my keychain?

Posted on Jan 9, 2018 9:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2018 9:23 AM

I'm seeing the same entries on the KeyChain. I was cheking all entries since I was looking at this thread about some other strange entries.

strange entries in keychain, under an account called "waldo"

It will be nice if instead of contacting Apple Support, some actual interest in the matter is shown from this department, as some users are wondering if this is actually malicious activity, and it seems impossible to find any useful documentation about it.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2018 9:23 AM in response to zinacef

I'm seeing the same entries on the KeyChain. I was cheking all entries since I was looking at this thread about some other strange entries.

strange entries in keychain, under an account called "waldo"

It will be nice if instead of contacting Apple Support, some actual interest in the matter is shown from this department, as some users are wondering if this is actually malicious activity, and it seems impossible to find any useful documentation about it.

Feb 3, 2018 11:55 AM in response to maryfromashland

Not sure what it is, but I have five items in my iCloud keychain, all called SOSDataSource-ak, and all were created today. It occurred immediately after joining a new WiFi network, alongside an airport network password item. This has not happened to me before, and the only thing I can think of is that I have recently upgraded to High Sierra (most recently 10.13.2). All of these items are in an access group for "com.apple.security.sos".

Why SOSDataSource-ak in keychain?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.