Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mainstage won't recognize my keyboard!

Hi! BRAND NEW to macs and mainstage, so please bear with me.

I'm just trying to program a show, but I can't get mainstage to recognize the Yamaha P120 that I'm using. I have a MIDI-to-USB cable plugged in, and I can see that the computer recognizes it, but when I hit the keys, nothing happens in mainstage. When I unplug the USB connection, I get an alert on mainstage that the keyboard isn't "available" anymore, meaning that mainstage MUST know the keyboard is plugged in. What am I missing??

THANK YOU!!

MainStage, iOS 10.3.2

Posted on Jan 11, 2018 5:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2018 10:02 AM

Hi, let's check the most important things first.

• Have you added a keyboard element in the layout view of MainStage and set a MIDI input?
  • Are the MIDI cables connected correctly to IN and OUT? Maybe try to switch them once, the labels on these USB-MIDI interfaces are sometimes misleading.
  • I don't know the P120 but maybe you can switch on and off the sending of MIDI data.

Hope this helps.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2018 10:02 AM in response to PaulRigano

Hi, let's check the most important things first.

• Have you added a keyboard element in the layout view of MainStage and set a MIDI input?
  • Are the MIDI cables connected correctly to IN and OUT? Maybe try to switch them once, the labels on these USB-MIDI interfaces are sometimes misleading.
  • I don't know the P120 but maybe you can switch on and off the sending of MIDI data.

Hope this helps.

Mainstage won't recognize my keyboard!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.