Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone 7 front camera suddenly turns black. the back/ reverse camera is ok. i had tried closing the camera app off and turn off the device but problem remains. pls help.

User uploaded file

Posted on Jan 11, 2018 8:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2018 3:49 PM

alvin73g,

See if this helps:

Get help with the camera on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Good luck.

3 replies

Feb 5, 2018 2:21 PM in response to MrBill3

I’ve had the same prob with IPhone 7 rear facing cam. Cam+ app works fine. I’ve uninstalled it, no change, done restore several times, fixed once for a few weeks, then poof again. Set up as a brand new phone, no help, same problem. Be advised if you do this or the restore from a back up you’ll still trash all of your custom settings. You will get apps back, etc but no passwords, log in info for other apps, fingerprint etc, in short, you’ll spend several hours getting it back to where it was before this process. Only to find it didn’t help,

Recently I did Apple support chat, 3 different agents, one said it was software related but couldn’t offer a fix other than said restore. The other 2 said hardware,didn’ want to bother with it. Told me to mail it in , and use a back up phone. Didn’t ever think I needed a back up phone, not even sure how that works. Since I don’t luve bear an Apple store I could mail it in, or go to a mom and pop computer store that they say is an authorized repair shop. What did they do? Said to mail it in. Apple said they wouldn’t send me a replacement unless I had purchased Apple Care, guess the insurance I bought through Verizon doesn’t work in this case. It’s not the end of the world , but frustrating given the price of the phone. As soon as my upgrade comes up, I’m ditching the IPhone, too buggy, last 3 IPhones never had problems.

my iphone 7 front camera suddenly turns black. the back/ reverse camera is ok. i had tried closing the camera app off and turn off the device but problem remains. pls help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.