Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I install Apple Software Update for windows?

Issue: During installing or updating iTunes, If you get the Windows Installer package error message: "A program required for this install to complete could not be run".

Windows 7

Posted on Jan 12, 2018 12:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2018 12:23 AM

After searching solution I found that the REQUIRED PROGRAM is "Apple Software Update" which cannot be found/run during the process. Almost solutions are to "Repair" the "Apple Software Update" program, but somehow this program was uninstalled/removed so it cannot help and you cannot find this program to download & install.

Solution:

1. Uninstall/Remove current QuickTime program
  2. Download new QuickTime installation package from Apple - Support - Downloads
  3. Re-install QuickTime you will also get the Apple Software Update again.

Now you can install/update iTunes successfully.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2018 12:23 AM in response to Patruby111

After searching solution I found that the REQUIRED PROGRAM is "Apple Software Update" which cannot be found/run during the process. Almost solutions are to "Repair" the "Apple Software Update" program, but somehow this program was uninstalled/removed so it cannot help and you cannot find this program to download & install.

Solution:

1. Uninstall/Remove current QuickTime program
  2. Download new QuickTime installation package from Apple - Support - Downloads
  3. Re-install QuickTime you will also get the Apple Software Update again.

Now you can install/update iTunes successfully.

How do I install Apple Software Update for windows?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.