Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS Mail app move suggestions not working after changing to iPhone X

On my iPhone 7 Plus if I wanted to file an email I would slide it right from the message list and more often then not a suggested folder would appear and I could select it and drop it in that folder. The suggestion wasn't always right. And sometime no suggestion would appear at all and I would need to select a target folder manually. But it worked more often than not.

Since upgrading to an iPhone X though I haven't gotten a single message move target suggestion and have to choose my target folder manually each time.

Is there some setting which helps kickstart this feature?

Thanks,

doug

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), i5, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB RAM

Posted on Jan 12, 2018 1:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2018 1:46 PM

While those steps still work, that's what I meant by "manually moving mail" to a Mailbox.

Until my upgrade when I would do the slide right gesture, it would usually suggest a mailbox for me based on the sender or subject or whatever. It was a big time saver because the suggested mailbox was more often right than not.

But since switching to the iPhone X those suggested mailboxes haven't appeared even once and I need to manually move the mail to a mailbox every time.

Do you know how to get the suggested mailboxes back?

Thank you.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2018 1:46 PM in response to sterling r

While those steps still work, that's what I meant by "manually moving mail" to a Mailbox.

Until my upgrade when I would do the slide right gesture, it would usually suggest a mailbox for me based on the sender or subject or whatever. It was a big time saver because the suggested mailbox was more often right than not.

But since switching to the iPhone X those suggested mailboxes haven't appeared even once and I need to manually move the mail to a mailbox every time.

Do you know how to get the suggested mailboxes back?

Thank you.

Jan 13, 2018 12:36 PM in response to Doug Lerner2

Hello Doug,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that the steps you previously used to move an email message to another folder are no longer available. The following article has steps on how to move emails to different mailboxes in iOS 11:

Use mailboxes to organize emails on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Move emails to a mailbox

After you create a custom mailbox, you can move emails to it. Here's how:

Move an email

User uploaded file

Swipe left over an email in the Inbox and tap More. Tap Move Message, then choose a mailbox to move the email to.

Move multiple emails

User uploaded file

Tap Edit in the upper-right corner of the Inbox. Tap the emails, tap Move, then choose a mailbox to move the email to.

Use 3D Touch

User uploaded file

Press deeply*on an email in the Inbox, then swipe up and tap Move Message. Then choose a mailbox to move the email to.
*3D Touch is available on iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, and iPhone 7 Plus.

Best Regards.

iOS Mail app move suggestions not working after changing to iPhone X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.