Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I connect iphone to tv using HDMI cable?

HDMI cable: ONTEN

Phone: iPhone X (iOS 11)

When I connect my iphone to the tv using the HDMI cable only the sound is mirroring on the tv. And there’s always a message that pops up “PHONE LINK” what should I do?

User uploaded file

Posted on Jan 12, 2018 9:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2018 9:24 AM

Seems the onten adapter has those types of issues. Amazon.com: Onten Lightning to HDMI Adapter, 1080P 8 Pin Lightning to Hdmi Female Video Adapter with Lightning Charging … Varying reviews on Amazon for it.

Many third party connectors lack the HDCP support required to correctly mirror the iPhone to the TV, and have issues like that.

Best bet is to use a certified Digital AV Adapter from Apple.

Lightning Digital AV Adapter - Lightning to HDMI - Apple

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2018 9:24 AM in response to epatalud

Seems the onten adapter has those types of issues. Amazon.com: Onten Lightning to HDMI Adapter, 1080P 8 Pin Lightning to Hdmi Female Video Adapter with Lightning Charging … Varying reviews on Amazon for it.

Many third party connectors lack the HDCP support required to correctly mirror the iPhone to the TV, and have issues like that.

Best bet is to use a certified Digital AV Adapter from Apple.

Lightning Digital AV Adapter - Lightning to HDMI - Apple

How can I connect iphone to tv using HDMI cable?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.