Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What permissions should ~/HD/private/var/db/locationd/Library have?

What permissions should ~/HD/private/var/db/locationd/Library folder have? Should everyone be "read" Mine currently has "no access"

Thanks

D

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.2)

Posted on Jan 13, 2018 6:35 AM

10 replies

Jan 13, 2018 11:56 AM in response to etresoft

Thanks.... i thought i did mentioned that path...oh well. I have posted another item regarding the location services issue. I have copied below. Any help would be appreciated, as i have looked all over for a fix.

My MAC has High Sierra 10.13.2 and "Enable Location Services" is checked. However Siri, Maps, and other applications cannot find me. My wife's Mac has Yosemite and her Location services work fine. We are on the same home wi-fi network. Items that I have tried: I turned location off and waited a few minutes...no luck. Went into safe mode. I asked Siri where I was, Siri doesn't work in safe mode. However, when I opened maps, and clicked the "arrow" locator icon, it found me! Restarted in normal mode. Maps, Siri, Find My Device all state they can NOT find me.

What permissions should ~/HD/private/var/db/locationd/Library have?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.