Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

where can i find my airplay password?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9), IMac late 2013 27"

Posted on Jan 13, 2018 7:16 AM

1 reply

Jan 13, 2018 1:24 PM in response to Ohadmaoz

Is this with an AppleTV? In the AppleTV, use Settings > Airplay to enter a new password. Or reset the AppleTV. It’s also possible that the AppleTV has been configured for a one-time code (an ”Airplay code”), depending on the security settings.

Some related articles:

http://helpdesk.ws.edu/pdf/mobile-support/appleTVsecurityManual1-2.pdf

Use Conference Room Display mode and related settings on your Apple TV - Apple Support

If this isn’t Airplay but something related, some bluetooth devices will use a one-time passcode when connecting to audio for the first time.

(FWIW... It’s very rare for a password to be stored, they’re best and commonly stored using a one-way password hash. The password that you first enter is hashed and saved. Subsequent times, the password you enter is hashed and compared against the saved pasword hash. That makes it far harder to have the password exposed. It also means that folks have no way to retrieve ta forgotten password, and can only reset it or try to brute-force it.)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.