Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update .2Supplement crashing my MacBook & Safe Mode crashing too. Help

I loaded the High Sierra update: .2Supplement last night Jan.12. Now can’t fully start MacBook. Tried “shift/command/V/&power” button for SafeBoot Verbose Mode, but line is crashing: couldn’t block sleep during cache update. Wait for DSMOS. Process: open directoryd.300 too many corpses being created”.

Line continues #300 up to 921 now. Ideas?

Posted on Jan 13, 2018 7:35 PM

4 replies

Jan 14, 2018 4:47 PM in response to HOtrains5

I got my problem fixed: 2 days with AppleCare. My 2001 MacBook Pro was not able to fix OS, not able to reload OS (because a newer version of High Sierra was already installed). Ended up deleting that Drive, reloaded OS thru wifi, reset everything (all data, files & documents gone). Was fine for an hour until HighSierra tried to auto install update: .2Supplement as Saturday night. Result OS re-crashed again. Today I only had to reload OS (*do not agree to FileVault, & do not let Apple OS Updates to load automatically.) I'll wait until a .3Update in future. I suggest nobody allow install of that .2Supplement update on old laptops. My laptop is a very old 2001, i7chip, max ram 16GB. Good Luck everybody.

Going shopping for a better external backup.

Update .2Supplement crashing my MacBook & Safe Mode crashing too. Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.