Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I lost my proof of purchase.

I lost my proof of purchase. How can I get a copy of my invoice? I purchased my device at a retail store in the UK.

Posted on Jan 13, 2018 11:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2018 9:56 AM

You will have to contact the store some other way. However, you may find the receipt of limited use to you since Apple will not normally fix a phone from another country:

Effectively no warranty and a store may refuse it because of lacks of parts for a USA phone.

https://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/products/ios-warranty-document-us.html - WARRANTY SERVICE OPTIONS - "Service will be limited to the options available in the country where service is requested. Service options, parts availability and response times may vary according to country. You may be responsible for shipping and handling charges if the Apple Product cannot be serviced in the country it is in. If you seek service in a country that is not the original country of purchase, you will comply with all applicable import and export laws and regulations and be responsible for all custom duties, V.A.T. and other associated taxes and charges."

http://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/products/ios-warranty-document-us.html - "IMPORTANT RESTRICTION FOR iPHONE, iPAD AND APPLE TV SERVICE. Apple may restrict warranty service for iPhone, iPad and Apple TV to the country where Apple or its Authorized Distributors originally sold the device." <-- Read this as they almost certainly will refuse to do warranty coverage except where you bought it.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2018 9:56 AM in response to hdipasquo

You will have to contact the store some other way. However, you may find the receipt of limited use to you since Apple will not normally fix a phone from another country:

Effectively no warranty and a store may refuse it because of lacks of parts for a USA phone.

https://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/products/ios-warranty-document-us.html - WARRANTY SERVICE OPTIONS - "Service will be limited to the options available in the country where service is requested. Service options, parts availability and response times may vary according to country. You may be responsible for shipping and handling charges if the Apple Product cannot be serviced in the country it is in. If you seek service in a country that is not the original country of purchase, you will comply with all applicable import and export laws and regulations and be responsible for all custom duties, V.A.T. and other associated taxes and charges."

http://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/products/ios-warranty-document-us.html - "IMPORTANT RESTRICTION FOR iPHONE, iPAD AND APPLE TV SERVICE. Apple may restrict warranty service for iPhone, iPad and Apple TV to the country where Apple or its Authorized Distributors originally sold the device." <-- Read this as they almost certainly will refuse to do warranty coverage except where you bought it.

Apr 3, 2018 10:29 AM in response to hdipasquo

And were, EXACTLY, did you buy the phone? If they are not responding to your email, you will probably have to call them. They are most likely not going to send a copy of the sales receipt to someone who simply randomly emailed them asking for one...

Why do you need the receipt? The warranty generally doesn't require one and you most likely can't get it serviced outside of the US anyway.

Apr 3, 2018 10:45 AM in response to KiltedTim

I bought my phone in Las Vegas NV. I live in Argentina where agreements with Apple are quite new.

I sent the mail this morning so I suppose they have just read it. I trust they will give an answer.

Is my first time I need a repair and I didn't know if the sale receipt was required. Usually I my country a receipt is required in the warranty period.

Your answer is a good reference. I will try. Thanks

I lost my proof of purchase.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.