You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The safari compass logo is missing. Instead it's this paper with drafting tools. Suggestions?

My system restarted last night and now my dock looks like this:

User uploaded file

with the 3rd icon down (paper with drafting tool "A") replacing the compass. I tried deleting com.apple.LaunchServices.plist from Preferences in Library to no avail. Also opened terminal and pasted:

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/LaunchServices.fram ework/Support/lsregister -kill -r -domain local -domain system -domain user

and that didn't work. I want the Compass back. PLEASE HELP!!

What's even stranger, is here's a screen shot with the correct Safari icon when I open up Applications in Finder

User uploaded file

Why doesn't the Compass show on my dock? I've restarted my computer each time after trying a "fix" but nothing has worked.

iMac, macOS Sierra (10.12.1), null

Posted on Jan 14, 2018 6:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2018 6:46 AM

Check your Applications folder to see if Safari displays normally there. If so, while holding down the command key, click and hold the Dock icon and drag it from the Dock until you get a 'puff of smoke'. Open Safari from the Applications folder. Then control - click on the Dock icon, choose Options, and Keep in Dock.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 14, 2018 6:46 AM in response to smartblondegirl

Check your Applications folder to see if Safari displays normally there. If so, while holding down the command key, click and hold the Dock icon and drag it from the Dock until you get a 'puff of smoke'. Open Safari from the Applications folder. Then control - click on the Dock icon, choose Options, and Keep in Dock.

The safari compass logo is missing. Instead it's this paper with drafting tools. Suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.