Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6s constant sign-in required

Running iOS 11.2.2 Continually getting a dialogue box that says:

"Sign-in required. Enter the password for [my apple ID]

[entry box]

Cancel. Continue"

It doesn't matter if I hit Cancel, or enter my password and continue. I can access apps either way. But it is very annoying.

Usually happens after iPhone is asleep, but sometimes happens anyway.

Any solutions? I had this problem before and reset the iPhone. That helped for a little while, but the problem is now back. I upgraded from 11.2.1 to 11.2.2. No resolution to problem.

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.2

Posted on Jan 14, 2018 1:41 PM

1 reply

Jan 15, 2018 2:44 PM in response to Susan Chute

Hello Susan,
Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you are having an issue with your iPhone asking for your Apple ID password constantly and I am happy to assist! The first thing we want to is check out this article with steps to Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
If that doesn't work, it would be a good idea to be sure there is not a software issue as the root cause of this for you.

1. Check out this article for the steps for How to backup your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
  2. Use this article for the steps to Use iTunes on your Mac or PC to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings.
  3. Once that is done, set the phone up as new and test the phone to see if the issue is still going on. Then, follow this article to Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

Thanks again and have a great rest of your day.

iPhone 6s constant sign-in required

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.